Healthcare, at its heart, is a data challenge. The healthcare industry, particularly its data game, must rapidly overhaul its digital infrastructure to overcome this challenge. Raising the stakes is the drive towards interoperability, which necessitates change in the way healthcare data is captured, processed, accessed, and consumed.
Using the right data platform will allow you to thrive in this healthcare data-first world with ease.
11:00am - 12:00pm EDT: How Healthcare’s Interoperability Problem is Forcing IT Modernization Presenter:
- Blaine Mincey, Solutions Architect, MongoDB Join us for a look into the state of the healthcare industry today followed by an in-depth discussion on the interoperability standards that the healthcare industry demands. Learn how to enrich data with stream processing and real-time analytics and how and why to modernize your healthcare architecture leveraging MongoDB.
12:00pm - 12:05pm EDT: 5-minute Break
12:05pm - 12:50pm EDT: The Edge of Developed Practice in Healthcare Data Security Presenter:
- Kenneth White, Security Principal, MongoDB Healthcare data can contain the most intimate and private details of a patient’s life. Therefore it must be protected, however it must also be immediately accessible to a patient’s full care network. Squaring that circle of accessibility and security is one of the great issues of modern-day digital life. Join us to learn how, with MongoDB, healthcare agencies can always expect accessible and secure data with no performance trade-offs.
12:50pm - 12:55pm EDT: 5-minute Break
12:55pm - 1:40pm EDT: The Era of (Regulated) Healthcare Applications: Optimizing Performance and Navigation in Value-Based Care Presenters:
- Ravi Dharmavaram, Founder and CEO, Exafluence
- Aneesh Chopra, President of CareJourney and previous U.S. Chief Technology Officer under President Obama (’09-’12, ‘14) This session will provide thought leadership from Industry leaders on how FHIR API will create a real-time interoperability a reality. Industry leaders and passionate executives will discuss current transformation in the industry. After a decade of health reform and investments in digitizing health records, we are entering an era of health transparency, payment reform and data liquidity to consumers and front-line providers via applications they trust. This session will explore the opportunities for payers and providers to shift from a focus on regulatory compliance towards leadership personalizing care navigation, lowering administrative costs via regulated data standards and curating (trusted) algorithms to drive the delivery system towards higher value care.
1:40pm - 2:00pm EDT: 20-minute Break
2:00pm - 2:45pm: Data Modeling for the Modern Healthcare Agency Presenter: Marianne Myers, Solutions Architect, MongoDB Understanding the benefits of the document (i.e. JSON) data model is often the best way of assessing whether MongoDB will improve your data layer for your applications. This talk will show you how to design for the most common data modeling patterns in healthcare, usually resulting in an operational data model that is easier-to-use, transactional, and higher performing than with relational DBs.
2:45pm - 2:50pm EDT: 5-minute Break
2:50pm - 3:20pm EDT: Healthcare Data in Government Presenter:
- Salman Baset, Product Security, MongoDB Join this session to learn how MongoDB is bringing its successful cloud platform for Government use, while ensuring compliance with the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP). With this dedicated cloud platform for Government, the Government agencies will soon be able to manage healthcare data in this cloud platform, leveraging all the benefits of MongoDB, while ensuring compliance with the most stringent security standards.
3:20pm - 3:25pm EDT: 5-minute Break
3:25pm - 3:55pm EDT: Cloud Data Strategy & Closing Remarks from MongoDB CTO, Mark Porter Presenter:
- Mark Porter, CTO, MongoDB Cloud-based patient medical and billing data are far more accessible, agile, and cost efficient than data stored locally, enabling superior interoperability and collaboration. Realizing these and other benefits that the cloud promises requires a comprehensive data strategy that relies on the right technologies. Join MongoDB CTO, Mark Porter, to hear how healthcare agencies are navigating these requirements today.